Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions..."

The quote in the title is by Mark Twain, and I really like it. I don’t have many friends because I stopped being friends with those who belittled me or maybe it is because I am hard to get along with. It has help me become the person I am.  You might think they are your friends, when in fact they are not at all. You might think they are trying to help you out honestly, but they're really not. People lie, it's a fact of life, but you have to find people who will make you a better person not only emotionally but challenge you to be the best you can be all the time. Those people who make me a better person are my best friends who have been in my life forever and I do not see that changing anytime soon. They push me to be and do my best. I hate not being able to see them since I moved away. Those people are also roommates dragging me out whenever I am feeling down. My roommates give me motivation to do stuff like finishing a assignment. I'm lucky enough to have friends like that this semester. But I also think I have grown as a person and have been working to motivate myself.  I just imagine all the things I want to do and have later in life and I know that education is my key to getting there.
I also have been thinking a lot about lately not only deleting negative people out of my life, but also getting rid of other things that God wouldn't want in my life. God wants us to have a pure, wholesome, and amazing life. We just have to trust in him, because when we doubt God we are basically telling him in our own way that we think that we are bigger then the creator of all the earth and universe and can do it ourselves. When in fact, we are just like a dot on the map, or as I like to think of it when you are taking off in an airplane and everything is so tiny and the people look like ants, that's how small we are in perspective to the whole universe. But the amazing thing is God knows each and every one of us, and made us in his image. That just blows my mind thinking about it. Yes, purging your life is hard but with God by your side and carrying you, anything is possible.
I have a lot of big dreams and yes there will be hard times, when I feel like giving up, but I am never going to give up. I'm a fighter and a believer. People will try to bring you down and hurt you, that is inevitable, but it's all about how you deal with it.
Anyways I am off to take my last test for the week and then I am going home for Easter and my birthday weekend. :)
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment