Monday, April 18, 2011

Hope..

It is important to have hope in everything you do in life. Without hope, the human spirit cannot thrive. It's the same as not having water to drink or food to eat. Eventually, that person will become too tired and stops. Human beings need hope. It can be the driving force to keep going against all odds, or a desire for an expected outcome. Hope is one of those things we cannot see with our eyes, but without it - we won't get anywhere and probably won’t last very long. I would say the human spirit's worst enemy is hopelessness. Hope plays an active role in human survival. When I watch shows and movies like "I Shouldn't Be Alive", where a person tells about their experience of being trapped in a seemingly hopeless situation, I am amazed at how they refuse to give up hope. They know that if they do, they will succumb to their own death. So they continue to do whatever they have to, to keep themselves alive as long as they are able to. I pray that I never find myself in that situation, but if it was to happen I would like to think that I would have enough hope to get myself alive. Once the light of hope goes out, there is nothing left but to wait for death. So hope is one of the most important entities of the human spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment