Another shared birthday, another year older, and somehow turning twenty inspired me today in ways that I have not been inspired in a long time. Just when you give up on thinking that things won’t get any better, they most likely will. It will take for by surprise, but good things do happen to everyone. But the truth is, things change in an instant: one wrong word, one bad grade, a 45 second phone call, one harsh comment, one tender kiss, one silly mistake, and nothing remains the same. The how and why is beyond me. Changes are the greatest mysteries of life.
In one day, you shift a number and all of sudden you are not the same anymore. Turning twenty means I am not in the category I was the day before. I am still an adolescent, but out of the teen years and I still feel like the kid I was years okay. Just a little taller, wider, and smarter. I am not quite sure that feeling will ever truly change.
Life. It’s all a game of numbers: how old, how many times, how long, how often, how much and that’s just how life works. You get your numbers right and everything aligns perfectly but if you miss one digit then it is probably complete chaos.
Sighh. Here’s to another number that will change soon enough. Happy Birthday to me. oh, and HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE :)
My roomates surprised me with a decorated room. I love them.


No comments:
Post a Comment