Monday, September 19, 2011

-Sedaris-

·         Honestly, after reading the introduction I probably wouldn’t have kept reading it if it wasn’t for class.I thought the humor was a little unspecific and not related. I didn’t really know where he was attended school either.
·    He focused a lot about just his class in Paris. He didn’t write much about what happened outside of class. I think that emphasizes how much he didn’t know the language.
·     The only thing I could really visualize was that his teacher was tan. I did feel like I could hear her mocking and abusing her students though. He described some of his classmates. I feel like there wasn’t enough detail to picture who they were and what they looked like.
·    The writer quoted a lot of speech which made each character a little more important.
·    I got the feeling that because the abuse of the teacher, he wanted to prove her wrong and had an ever stronger desire to learn better and greater.  Towards the end, he starts to understand everything his teacher is saying and can follow closely.
·     I think the conclusion does reinforce the main point of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment